An optimist sees an opportunity in every setback, a pessimist sees a setback in every opportunity. Paraphrasing Winston Churchill, we face this complex and exciting 2023. We never lose our optimism, especially now. Here are 8 reasons for optimism in 2023:
1. The TOTEMIZATION of brands. Successful brands are increasingly human, with values shared with society. They are social and cultural references, adopting more personal and closer relationships, being empathetic, altruistic, generous, respectful and conscious.
2. Diversity, Equity and Inclusion are consolidated. The demand for transparency and ethics is growing. People and brands are increasingly committed to social causes.
3. Awareness of the impact of brands’ and consumers’ actions on our planet is growing. Circular economy, second hand, vintage are growing. Encouraging reuse, redefining growth and taking responsibility for the entire life cycle of products.
4. The triple impact. Sustainability is already indispensable. Not only environmentally, but also economically and socially. Both to guide investments and to articulate future strategies, integrating ESG (Environmental, Social and Governance) criteria.
5. The number of marketing technology solutions will grow from 150 in 2011 to 8,000 in 2020, a growth of 5200%. Brands have already assumed that Omnichannel and intelligent use of data are key tools. The use of Artificial Intelligence will grow, present in all kinds of processes that directly affect branding.
6. Consumers will determine the relationship with the brand and its communications. What is really important is authenticity. Consumers are in control and when they look at content and brands, it has to be truly authentic.
7. More and more people are encouraged to work on their professional brand. There is an explosion of genuine and creative content on channels and platforms for all tastes. Podcasts, streaming, YouTube, audiobooks, interviews… New voices, new looks, new opportunities.
8. Bonus. Hunger is slowly becoming a thing of the past thanks to improved food production. Improvements in sanitation and advances in medicine have dramatically increased life expectancy. Poverty rates have reached an all-time low. The environment is also benefiting from increased global prosperity.
At TOTEM Branding we know that 2023 will be a great year and we want to motivate our colleagues and clients to be optimistic this year. To invest in branding so that their brands reach more and better their internal and external customers. And be pessimistic with the pessimists, not with 2023.